ENERGY STAR Version 3.0 Training
Newburgh (Mid-Hudson) - April 7-8, 2011
North Babylon, Long Island - April 14-15, 2011
Baldwinsville (Near Syracuse) - April 18-19, 2011
Verification partners, including HERS Raters and Field Inspectors, must complete ENERGY STAR Version 3 Rater Training through an Accredited Training Provider. Effective January 1, 2012, new raters must take this training to become partners. Raters who join prior to 2012 must complete the training by December 31, 2011 to remain ENERGY STAR partners.
All HERS Raters will be required by the EPA to take a minimum of 2 days of ENERGY STAR Version 3.0 Training and pass an Exam from an EPA Educational Provider in the calendar year 2011 to continue in the ENERGY STAR Program.
At the end of the second day, Raters will be taking a Rater Exam supplied by the EPA (Required).
The Building Performance Contractors Association of New York State is an ENERGY STAR New Homes Provider and EPA Educational Provider. As a Educational Provider, BPCA is required to deliver a minimum, two-day National Program Requirement Version 3.0 Training to our Raters.
These trainings are open to all Raters in NYS, regardless of the Provider you use.
The two day Training will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Version 3.0 (Revision 02) National Program Requirements
- Version 2.5 (Revision 02) National Program Requirements
- Revision 02 Version Tracking Documents
- ENERGY STAR Version 3.0 (Revision 02) HERS Index Target Procedure
- Thermal Enclosure System Rater Checklist and Guidebook
- Water Management System Builder Checklist and Guidebook
- Indoor airPLUS Verification Checklist
- HVAC System Quality Installation Contractor Checklist
- HVAC System Quality Installation Rater Checklist and Guidebook
Ellis Guiles, Jr., P.E., LEED AP, Hers Rater, Vice-President of TAG Mechanical Systems, Inc. He will be concentrating on the HVAC components of ENERGY STAR Version 3.0.
Kevin Stack, BaDT, LEED Faculty, Rater, Builder, and Northeast Building Consulting, will concentrate on the Shell components of ENERGY STAR National Program Requirements, Version 3.0.
TRaining Continuing Education
- BPI - (8.625) CEU’s from the Building Performance Institute
- RESNET - (18) PDU’s from the Residential Energy Services Network
- More may be added. Stay tuned.
- $500 - BPCA Members
- $650 -Non-Members - Save $50 by joining BPCA Today
- Attendees will be given with a Hard Copy of the ENERGY STAR Version 3.0 Guidebooks (400+/- pages) included in your Registration Fee
- 2 Continental Breakfasts
- 4 Breaks
- 2 Lunches
- 1 Dinner
- Rater Exam
- Attendees will be given a Hard Copy of the ENERGY STAR Version 3.0 Guidebooks (400+/- pages) included in your Registration Fee.
- Raters will be required to download EPA's Version 3.0 Educational Materials to their Laptop Computers and bring that Laptop to the Training.
- Extension cord, surge protector, pens, paper
BPCA/NYS will be offering only three trainings across New York State in 2011:
- Newburgh (Mid-Hudson) - April 7-8, 2011
- North Babylon, Long Island - April 14-15, 2011
- Baldwinsville (Near Syracuse) - April 18-19, 2011
Registration refund requests received by email will be honored up to seven days prior to the event. After that time, refunds will not be granted.
For more information about the workshop, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.