This training program is designed as an entry level course for Green Jobs and energy efficiency improvements in primarily residential buildings. That's 3 classroom days and 2 field days.
This course establishes a solid foundation for all. While you’re using building science technology to help customers solve heating, cooling and air leakage problems that are driving high energy costs, you’ll also provide them with a more comfortable, safe and durable home. You’ll be part of an exclusive group of contractors with access to benefits that will help your business grow.
• Understanding the fundamentals of building science
• Identify and understand building performance problems including ice dams, mold and mildew, and indoor air quality issues
• Analyze buildings using “Blower Door” technology and other diagnostic equipment
• Assess building tightness, mechanical and distribution systems and combustion safety for a “whole house” performance-based approach
• Apply “blower door,” combustion safety and other diagnostics for assessing air leakage and efficiency in buildings in a practical manner.
Following completion of this course, participants will be eligible to take the BPI written/online exam and field exam. The costs of the exams are included in the instruction fee. There will be a written/online exam which satisfies the first component of the BPI certification requirements. Candidates must also pass a field performance exam before receiving certification. Test dates will be selected from a choice given to students during classroom instruction. 10 BPI continuing ed units will be available.
Cost: $1200 for qualified students ($250 written exam / $400 field exam)
To register, call Dolores at 716-659-1205